Wednesday, January 1, 2014

What New Year's Eve Meant To Me



While everyone else was partying, singing and pretending they were going to make improvements come the New Year, I was far too lame. 
 
For whatever reason, New Year's Eve hasn't been a favorite holiday since my twenties.   I'm not terribly interested in waking up with a hangover, nor driving on streets after midnight.   Loud and half-naked rock stars annoy me.  So do overcrowded (and overpriced) bars.  Again, I'm lame.
 
I prefer having my kids with me anyway. And so far, they're not quite ready to ditch me on New Year's yet.   So, I thought I'd own up to what I was really thinking on New Year's Eve during the countdown.
 
 
      10...9....8...7....6.....5....4....3....2....1
 
Yes! 
 
Finally, bedtime!

2 comments :

vly said...

not lame, wise.

Anonymous said...

I didn't even make it to midnight lol!